If you are looking for pro bono opportunities within your practice area, please email Cassandra Shavney, Public Service Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area of interest. See below for general pro bono opportunities that cover all practice areas.
Are you looking for legal assistance? Call the BBA Lawyer Referral Service at 617-742-0625 or click here.
There are a number of organizations providing legal services in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. MassProBono’s volunteer search option enables you to browse volunteer opportunities based on your location, area of interest, availability, and more! Trainings and program details can be found at massprobono.org.
Eastern Region Legal Intake Service
The Eastern Region Legal Intake Service (ERLI) will provide intake, advice, and referral services to low-income persons seeking legal assistance in Eastern Massachusetts. This program is run through the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association. Clients in need of legal advice will be scheduled for telephone advice sessions with pro bono attorneys. If you are interested in volunteering with ERLI, please contact Eric Davey at email@example.com.
Mass Legal Answers Online
Are you looking for a flexible pro bono opportunity that allows you to make a meaningful contribution when, where and how it is most convenient for you? Join Mass Legal Answers Online!
Mass Legal Answers Online is an online legal advice website that is part of the American Bar Association's Free Legal Answers project. Low-income Massachusetts residents post their legal questions to the website. Volunteer attorneys answer the questions through the same website.
Mass Legal Answers Online is managed by the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute with assistance from the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association.
They are currently seeking volunteers to join their advice panel.
- Choose the questions you want to answer -- at any time, and from any location, that works for you.
- This is a limited scope service -- the clients know in advance that your assistance is restricted to answering their civil legal question and that you will not go to court with them or prepare any paperwork.
- No required time commitment, although they encourage you to answer at least one question a month.
- Open to all attorneys in good standing who are licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, or registered for pro bono status with the Board of Bar Overseers, including in house counsel.
- Malpractice coverage provided to volunteer attorneys for legal guidance provided through the website.
Sign up today at www.masslao.org. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.