The Boston Bar Association is delighted to report that American political
commentator and former presidential advisor David Richmond Gergen will keynote
the BBA’s annual Law Day Dinner on May 13 at Boston’s Seaport World Trade
Center. That event draws in excess of 1,200 lawyers and judges.
background on David Gergen:
- He is a professor of public service and director of the Center for Public
Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School. In addition he serves as a senior
political analyst for CNN and works actively with a rising generation of new
- In the past, David served as a White House Advisor to four U.S. presidents
of both parties: Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Clinton. He wrote about those
experiences in his New York Times best-seller, Eyewitness to Power: The
Essence of Leadership, Nixon to Clinton.
- Twice he has been a member of election coverage teams that won Peabody
awards – in 1988 with McNeil-Lehrer and in 2008 with CNN. In the late 1980s,
he was chief editor of U.S. News & World Report, working with publisher
Mort Zuckerman to achieve record gains in circulation and
- A native of North Carolina, David is a member of the D.C. Bar, a veteran
of the U.S. Navy, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a member of
the U.S. executive committee for the Trilateral Commission.
- He is an honors graduate of Yale and the Harvard Law School.
- David is currently at work on a new book about
renewing America’s political culture.
To purchase tables or individual tickets for this event,