Welcome to the Delivery of Legal Services Section of the BBA!
We are a group of legal services and other non profit legal programs, law firm pro bono managers, university professors, government, in-house counsel and new lawyers looking for ways to improve existing and explore alternative modes of dispensing legal services, particularly for the moderate and low-income Massachusetts community.
We welcome anyone who is interested in these issues to join our section’s monthly meetings, which are lively and interactive. In 2010-2011, we offered a broad range of programs suggested by our membership (see sample of programs below) and already have some interesting presentations lined up for the fall of 2011.
Recent DLS Programs
- Conversation with William “Mo” Cowan, Governor Patrick’s Chief of Staff, on funding for legal services
- An Update from the Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission*
- Current Issues in Pro Bono: A Discussion with Pro Bono Institute and the Pro Bono Roundtable
- Equal Justice Coalition on the annual Walk to the Hill
- Serving Active Duty Military, Veterans, and Their Families
- Limited Assistance Representation and Pro Bono Efforts
Fall 2011 Programs
Our first fall 2011 program (September 26, 12:30-1:30pm) will explore the interrelationship between the pro bono efforts of the private bar and the delivery of legal services. The session will focus on the processing of these cases as between the legal services agency and the pro bono firm partner. It will also focus on some of the impediments and challenges that can arise.
Please feel free to contact either of the section co-chairs with any ideas, suggestions or questions about the DLS section.
We look forward to working with you!
Roz Garbose Nasdor
Co-Chairs, DLS Section