This program has already taken place, but you can still catch up on
what you missed!
Visit the CLE
purchase a CLE Materials Set, which includes online access to the recorded
course presentation and a copy of the course book.
If you need CLE Credit, please click
Like any business, a successful law practice
requires careful tax and business planning to ensure compliance and
maximize profitability. This program will provide an overview of the tax and
business issues every small firm and solo practitioner should consider.
From starting a new practice to
protecting your retirement, our presenters will explain the "nuts and
bolts" of effective tax and business planning for small law practices. The
presentation will also identify common mistakes and provide tips on how to avoid
them in your own practice.
Choice of Business Form
- S corporation,
LLC, partnership, ect.
- Tax efficiencies and how to unwind if your plans
do not work out
The Small Legal Practice in Operation: Tax
Tips, Tricks and Traps
- Checklist of potential deductions for a legal
- Unreimbursed Partnership Expenses
- Prudent, audit-proof compensation in a lawyer’s
S corporation or partnership
- Worker classification
- What tax authorities require you to keep
and for how long
- State taxation of attorney
- Factors to consider when establishing a
- Preparing for the future in a tax efficient