Please Note: This event has already taken place.
Beyond the Basics of the Litigation Cycle Part 3: Summary Judgment
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Boston Bar Association - 16 Beacon Street, Boston, MA
The Beyond the Basics Brown Bag series is geared to mid-level and senior
associates who have mastered the fundamentals of litigation and would benefit
from a discussion of strategic considerations and procedural nuances that arise
in each stage of the lifecycle of a Massachusetts state civil litigation.
Each Brown Bag in the series will be interactive, and attendees are encouraged
to share their own thoughts and experiences on each topic presented to further
enhance the learning experience of the group.
Part 3 focuses on summary judgment. This Brown Bag would be useful for
attorneys who find themselves pondering, for example:
- What are the goals of summary judgment? Should I file even if I
don’t think I have a good shot at winning?
- Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of prevailing on summary
- Should I move for partial summary judgment, e.g., on certain claims?
- What is required for my statement of undisputed facts?
- What are some best practices for drafting my statement of undisputed
- What are some nuances of the Massachusetts rules that I should know
- What considerations do I need to keep in mind in cases where expert
opinions are required to survive summary judgment?
- William Rocha
- Kristin D. Casavant
BBA Event Calendar