Join your BBA colleagues for a morning outdoors working on the farm and
supporting The Food Project. The Food Project is a non-profit devoted to
promoting sustainable food systems. The Food Project Serve & Grow Program is
focused on growing food for hunger relief organizations and local distribution.
- Participate in educational games and discussions about the food system
- Cultivate and maintain the land
- Plant, tend, or harvest fresh vegetables
- Have fun outside
- Make a difference for those who lack healthy, affordable food in the
Greater Boston area.
- Help with tasks such as preparing beds, planting, weeding, harvesting,
washing vegetables, and cleaning up the land.
Volunteers should expect to work hard and get their hands and clothes dirty
by the end of the morning while getting to know other BBA members. Volunteers
should bring a water bottle, sunscreen, work gloves, and rain gear (if
necessary). The Food Project will supply all tools necessary to work in the
field. Children age 14 and older and welcome.