Join the Boston Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section for the
premier IP event of the year. Learn what you need to know about the most
important intellectual property cases and legislation of the past year.
For 17 years, the Boston Bar Association has organized the annual Year in
Review conference for intellectual property practitioners to keep abreast
with the latest developments in IP, hear from prominent experts in the legal
community, and network with colleagues in the IP legal community. This year our
lineup of expert speakers will deliver insights and updates from the following
- Enhanced damages in patent litigation in light of the
Supreme Court’s Halo decision;
- Recent decisions from the Federal Circuit suggesting
a path forward for patent subject matter eligibility;
- The affirmation by the Supreme Court in Cuozzo of
different claim construction standards in IPR proceedings and district court
- The Supreme Court’s design patent damages decision in
Samsung v. Apple;
- The potential sea change in venues available for patent litigation in
light of the upcoming TC Heartland case on the Supreme Court’s 2017
- The top copyright cases of 2016, including the latest on the Flo &
Eddie litigation, other pre-1972 SR cases, and also on Kirtsaeng v. John
- Disparaging Marks & Offensive Language: Does the
Lanham Act Violate the First Amendment?
- The Extraterritorial Reach of the Lanham Act: Decided
on the Merits or as a Preliminary Question of Jurisdiction or Standing?
- Fees – Who pays for appeals and what is an
“exceptional” case under the Lanham Act?
- Miscellaneous but Important/Colorful Cases
- The Defend Trade Secret Act's First Six Months
- The 9th Circuit’s About-Face on the Computer Fraud
and Abuse Act
- Noncompete Developments from Massachusetts to Utah to the White
The event will conclude with a networking reception for all attendees.
Reserve your seat today!
BBA MEMBER – $295
BBA MEMBER | Government Lawyer/Legal Services – $195.00
LAW STUDENT – $100.00
Not a member? Join the BBA today to receive discounted rates for CLE
programs and conferences.
Materials: The BBA has gone digital! We
are reducing our printing of hard copy materials for accredited programs. All of
our materials are now offered in electronic format and is sent in advance to
registrants via email. Free WiFi is available in all conference rooms so you can
easily have your materials on your portable devices and laptops!
Accreditation: This program is eligible for 3 hours of
credit. The BBA is an accredited provider in Rhode Island. Credit is also
available in New York, through the NY Approved Jurisdiction Policy; and through
reciprocity agreements in Maine, Vermont and California. Please refer to the
rules in each jurisdiction for further instructions on submitting programs for
CLE credit. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided at the conclusion of
Refunds & Cancellations: Please note
that refunds will only be allowed for cancellation notices recieved at least 24
hours before the program.